We continue to want you to be happy and comfortable with all aspects of your stay and confident that we are taking all reasonable measures to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid19 between all parties.
Since the end of lockdown, we continue to undertake deep cleans, reviewing our cleaning protocols to meet challenges posed by the virus and training our staff accordingly with a view to having our cottages ready to welcome you.
Although most legal restrictions have been lifted at Step 4 and many people have been vaccinated, it is still possible to catch and spread COVID-19, even if you are fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 will be a feature of our lives for the foreseeable future, so we need to learn to live with it and manage the risk to ourselves and others.
As COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, it is important that we all use personal judgment to manage our own risk. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense and considering the risks. No situation is risk free, so we all need to understand the factors and settings that increase the risk of COVID-19 transmission and the actions that we can all take to reduce COVID-19 infection, both for ourselves and for others.
The guidance below will help you to understand situations where there is a greater risk of catching or spreading COVID-19 and the steps that you can take to stay safe and protect others. Every action to help reduce the spread will reduce any further resurgence of the virus in the coming months.
Prepare For Your Stay
Restrictions relating to Covid-19 during the pandemic have now been removed. This means that:
- You do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with. There are also no limits on the number of people you can meet. However, you should limit the close contact you have with those you do not usually live with, and increase close contact gradually. This includes minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts. You should meet outdoors where possible and let fresh air into homes or other enclosed spaces.
- The requirement to wear face coverings in law has been lifted. However, the government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
- There are no longer limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, civil partnerships, funerals and other life events (including receptions and celebrations). There is no requirement for table service at life events, or restrictions on singing or dancing.
- There are no longer restrictions on group sizes for attending communal worship.
- COVID-19 has not gone away, so it’s important to remember the actions you can take to keep yourself and others safe. While cases are high, everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious.
- This is why it’s important to:
- get a test if you develop COVID-19 symptoms, even if your symptoms are mild
- isolate if you test positive for COVID-19 or when told to do so by NHS Test and Trace
- meet others outside or let fresh air in
- minimise the number, proximity and duration of social contacts
- quarantine when returning from red list countries and for those people not fully vaccinated arriving from amber list countries
- We request that:
- complete the Covid Statement we send you
- you support us and everyone staying and living in this area other by taking a Lateral Flow Test the day before setting off on your holiday
- We want you to get the most out of your stay, please note that outdoor venues can offer a “table” service only and the majority if not all attractions are only allowing entrance with pre-booked/sold timed tickets and you may need a timed booking to obtain a meal. Michael may be able to help you with these.
It is worth noting that we have no air recycling systems in our cottages and this greatly reduces the possible spread of any possible infectious droplets.
- If you or any of your party show any signs of having the virus then you must:
- immediately go and get tested by contacting “111” or https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
- The result must be shown to us.
- If positive, you will need to follow the Health Authority’s advice and probably leave immediately, always provided a Member of your party can drive you.
- If that is not possible and you have to self-isolate here, then you will be have to pay for all bookings that have to be cancelled as a result.
- On arrival, the cottages will be open and ready for you and the cleaned keys will be on the kitchen table.
To enable us to complete the enhanced cleaning under the Covid19 protocols, please try not to arrive before 1600 hours.
Our normal departure time has been 10.00, but to give our cleaners enough time for the “Covid19” cleaning, we now ask that you leave by 09.00 hours.
- We would ask that you minimise asking us to enter the building during your stay.
If, you have a query or say the dishwasher doesn’t work, please contact Michael on 0788 964 9812 and he will always be here to respond to the situation in as short a time as possible.
Hand sanitisers (gel & tissues) are provided and we ask that you use these both on entry to the building and when leaving it.
- Appropriate cleaning materials will be available to enable you to keep things safe and clean during or stay.
- Please follow government socially distancing guidelines at all times.
- To help us to safeguard our staff, we ask that just prior to leaving that you to strip:
- Sheets, duvet cover and pillow cases off the beds and into a provided black bag – pillow and mattress protection covers can remain in place
- Put towels into another black bag
- Leave windows open to ventilate the room when weather permits
Whilst we have procedures to clean all of these items, if you would prefer to bring own, then we will completely understand. In which case, please let us know well in advance of your arrival.
- PLEASE Remember that the best way to stay safe is to regularly wash your hands thoroughly.
Thank you, we look forward to welcoming you and making sure that you enjoy your stay. Your feedback is always welcome.