After a bleak Covid winter, the sun has returned and in the last week or 10 days the blossom and local views have been absolutely outstanding and a real joy to behold.
The dawn chorus is in full song, Red Kites are flying above Westington Quarry, towards Campden House and Campden Wood you can watch the buzzards rise and circle on the thermals and a small White Egret has been spotted fishing in The Cam at the bottom of the Coneygree.
The real pleasure for Michael over last two weeks has been Cotswold Charm being able to welcome guests back to Top Farm, Chipping Campden and the local area and to see and hear their smiles and laughter as they socially distanced and really enjoyed this wonderful area.
The whole thing was made all the more rewarding by our guests taking and passing a Rapid Lateral Flow Test the day before coming here. This very sensible gesture gave all parties an extra feeling of confidence and made the whole experience all the more relaxing and enjoyable.
From a technical Covid19 point of view:
- Cotswold Charm has been able to take bookings for you and your support bubble since 12th April, out-door venues have been able to offer a table only service and walkers have been Social Distancing in all directions.
- It is hoped that by 17th May you will be able to enjoy a meal indoors with a few friends/family and the eateries in Chipping Campden and the local area all appear to be aiming to be ready and waiting for you. You will still have to be seated to order.
- Outdoor venues and attractions are getting up to speed.
Cotswold Charm Updates:
- Michael is pleased to say that its new and easier to use website is now up and running.
- Pearl and John are delighted to announce “Tally Ho View”; a new one-bed apartment at the bottom of Dyers Lane with wonderful views up the valley towards Campden House and Woods. Being part of the same building as one bedroom Tally Ho, it now means that they can cater for a party of two couples.
- Jeff and Joan have been working hard at improving the garden and views at Meadow Cottage
- Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Steam Railway running between Broadway, Toddington, Winchcombe & Cheltenham Racecourse.
- Cotswold Farm Park
- Hidcote Manor Garden
- Broadway Tower
- Stratford upon Avon
- Sudely Castle
Covid Cancellation Policy
Cotswold Charm is continuing with its Covid19 Cancellation Policy – we offer a full refund on all holidays cancelled because of any Covid19 reason.
In addition and to avoid unnecessary bank charges, Cotswold Charm will not seek payment until two weeks prior to your holiday.
Cotswold Charm as a gesture of goodwill towards its valued customers, it has not increased its prices for 2021. This is unlike many of its local competitors, who have dramatically increased their prices.
Cotswold Charm continues to monitor, review and improve its Covid prevention cleaning procedures with the welfare of all in mind.
Take Care of Our Countryside
Going for walks in the countryside has been a huge help to our mental health during the pandemic and many of us are appreciating outdoor spaces more than ever. However, the volume of people using public rights of way has increased hugely and in turn has added various pressures to the rights of way around Gloucestershire. Our county has some of the most beautiful countryside in England, so let’s all continue to respect, protect and enjoy it. Remember the countryside code; please act responsibly and respect the local environment, people and animals.
- Please keep to the footpaths and bridleways
- Clean up after your dog and take any litter home with you
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Don’t block gateways, driveways or paths with your vehicle
Read more about using the countryside responsibly here.